Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Backyard Waterboarding

It's hot and sunny this afternoon so I thought it would be a great afternoon to play in the water. I planned to get out Ben's pool, which he's been playing in dry with balls. However, when I went to get the pool out, the shed door was locked. I tried all the keys on my key chain and 15 other random keys I found around the house, but none of them opened the shed door. Who knows what those keys fit. I'm pretty sure one of them on my keychain is for the front door of the house the Lockes sold three years ago. Anyway, I was set on playing in the water so I got out the Elmo splashmat I bought at the end of season last year. Here is Ben innocently waiting for the fun to begin. Although he looks a little concerned even then.


I hooked the water hose to it and turned on the water . . . full blast. Ben may now have an opinion on waterboarding.


He is now traumatized and cries if I sit him on it even if the water isn't on. I had my camera ready expecting happy pictures. I obviously snapped a couple before I rushed in to rescue him.

2 comments:

Tom, Cara, Aubrey and Ella Kate said...

Poor Ben. This is pretty fun though.

Christie Poole said...

Poor thing! But cute story.