Today is Dr. Seuss's 106th birthday. I had planned for us to have a Dr. Seuss day -- green eggs and ham for breakfast, Story Hour at the library, and reading our favorite Dr. Seuss books. Ben colored a Green Eggs and Ham placemat that I printed from the Internet while I cooked breakfast. Honestly, neither of us ate the green eggs. I don't like scrambled eggs and Ben is adverse to pretty much all green food. He's completely opposed to vegetables. However, we did not make it to the library today. After breakfast, I could tell that Ben felt bad. He just sat on the couch with me watching Sesame Street and fell asleep after Clifford the Big Red Dog went off. I hoped he was just tired. I wondered if I had disturbed him the night before coughing. I had coughed and coughed and coughed. When he woke up, I took his temp and he was running a fever. Some Tylenol seemed to make him feel better but not long after he got up from his afternoon nap, he fever was back up. A dose of Motrin and a lukewarm bath made him feel much better. He's been active and playing this evening.
1 comment:
Oh my gosh those are some green eggs. Dr Suess would be proud.
Post a Comment