To the people who think we teach girls to be girls and boys to be boys, I disagree. I didn't teach Mollie to carry a purse, but since she learned to walk a few weeks ago she's been carrying things around over her arm. Today I went to the closet and found her a purse. Amazingly, there was a time that I carried this tiny purse every day. That was before I carried two sippy cups, two changes of clothes, diapers, wipes, snacks, etc. Obviously I didn't even carry a checkbook. I'll never go back to carrying this tiny purse, because my memory must have been better then. Now I need my checkbook for the days that I open my wallet in the grocery store and realize that I left my debit card in the back pocket of my jeans two days ago when I got gas.
Monday, August 22, 2011
Purse
To the people who think we teach girls to be girls and boys to be boys, I disagree. I didn't teach Mollie to carry a purse, but since she learned to walk a few weeks ago she's been carrying things around over her arm. Today I went to the closet and found her a purse. Amazingly, there was a time that I carried this tiny purse every day. That was before I carried two sippy cups, two changes of clothes, diapers, wipes, snacks, etc. Obviously I didn't even carry a checkbook. I'll never go back to carrying this tiny purse, because my memory must have been better then. Now I need my checkbook for the days that I open my wallet in the grocery store and realize that I left my debit card in the back pocket of my jeans two days ago when I got gas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment