Thursday, May 3, 2012

Beds

For several months, I've been planning to move Mollie out of her crib in May.  I wanted to take the rails from Ben's bed and move them to the full-sized bed in Mollie's room.  Ben has resisted that idea.  I finally decided to just buy a second set of rails for Mollie.  I looked at Wal-Mart on Monday and they only had single rails.  Tuesday morning, I told Ben that it was May 1. He said, "Mollie is moving into her big bed."  I told him, "No, I couldn't find the rails for her bed so she'll have to wait until I can find rails." He declared that she could have the rails from his bed.  I immediately went and took the rails off his bed.  I had a single rail that was originally on the outside of Ben's bed so I put it on the inside because he once fell between the mattress and the wall and scared me to death.  He's really proud of his bed without the outside rail. He's also very proud of himself for giving his rails to Mollie.  This picture is of his first nap without his rails.  He really was sleeping like this. He just collapses at naptime.
 
Although I moved the rails on Tuesday, Mollie spent one more night in her crib so that I could wash all of the bedding on the full-sized bed.  Plus, I didn't want to miss the "last night in her crib" photo op.

 Mollie was super-excited about sleeping in the big bed Wednesday night.

 I slipped back into her room before I went to bed to check on her.  She was sound asleep.

She slept great last night, so I took down the crib this morning.  Her room feels HUGE.

No comments: