Saturday, September 8, 2012

Funny Creative Kids

Playing drive-thru in the "dryer" box.

 Thursday Mollie got to play with glitter for the first time.

 Wearing what she calls her "snowman hat."  She wore it outside.  (Mollie's face is super messy because she had just eaten a chocolate chip granola bar.)

 Ben and John working together to build a block tower.

Ben and Mollie wanted their picture taken with the block building.  Notice the sign Ben wrote says"FedEx Express."  

 The back of the FedEx Express building.  Mollie is adding pieces but amazingly did not knock it over.

 I stopped by Ben's room on my way to bed and found him playing "Japanese steakhouse."  The books forming a square are a mixer.  Beside the mixer are a grill and a timer.  Ben said that he was the chef and Cat was his assistant.  I watched him cook for a minute.  He picked up a book and looked at it as if he was reading a label.  He said, "This is sugar.  It's good for making anything that has sugar in it -- tea, sugar cookies, and Japanese food."  I wrote it down so that I wouldn't forget. 

 Yesterday was our monthly class at the zoo.  Mollie and I are working together to make a giraffe paper bag puppet.  It seemed so strange to see Mollie really taking part in the class.  She's been going since she was three-months old but always as the tag along little sister.

 Ben followed the instructions and made his puppet by himself while I helped Mollie.

 It was so hot at the zoo yesterday that I let each one of them make a quick run through the spray park.


 We also cooled down with some rainbow pops.

 We made sure to have lots of quarters so that we could feed the goats, ducks, and fish.  Ben is feeding this goat a piece of grass that he picked.  The last time we went to the zoo one of the goats sneezed brown snot all over Ben.  He was glad it didn't happen again.

Last night John and Ben worked together to building a Japanese steakhouse.  I'm not sure why the Japanese steakhouse needed American flags but Ben thought it did.

No comments: