Monday, January 7, 2013

Hunting

John killed two bucks this hunting season.  He spent the weekend before Christmas hunting with his dad and most of the week after New Years Day.  We joined him at the camp for a couple of days last week and Ben went on his first hunt.

 John killed this buck the Saturday before Christmas.

 John and Ben going hunting.  Ben carried his BB gun and stayed on the stand with John for about two hours.  John said he was very quiet.

 The next morning when I dressed Mollie in a pink shirt with camo sleeves she said she had on her hunting clothes and wanted to go hunting.  After lunch, we bundled her up in camo and John carried her out to the closest stand for a few minutes.  As I was dressing her, she said, "I need a pink gun."

 I thought it was cute that Ben's BB gun was up on the gun rack with John and Grandaddy's guns.

 Mollie sitting in the "Condo" stand.

 John killed his second deer Friday morning.  He came back to the camp and got Ben to help him bring the deer out of the woods.


No comments: