Monday, January 6, 2014

A Week

Annie is looking so bright and alert in this pic I took early last week.  As the week went on, she got sicker and sicker with a cough and congestion.  She was so congested that she didn't want to eat.  What she did eat, she threw up most of.  She would cough until she gagged and threw up.  This happened over and over for three days.  On Saturday night she began running fever that was going up. I tried calling the after hours number for our pediatric clinic, but did not receive a call back.  After calling a second time and not getting a call back, at 3:30 a.m. I took Annie to the ER to be checked.  At 7 a.m. they told me that she has RSV.  I took her to the after hours clinic to see a pediatrician Sunday afternoon.  She's getting a breathing treatment every four hours and keeping down a mix of pedialyte and formula.  She seems to be on the mend.
    
On Thursday, Mama and MawMaw Wilma came to visit.  (I failed to take a picture of MawMaw Wilma.) They spent the night.  Ben always gets Mama to play board games with him.  He had used some Christmas money to buy Monopoly on Tuesday.  Ben and I started this game on Wednesday.  We played for an hour or so and then put it under the couch.  Mama and Ben played the same game for another hour or so. Ben and I finished the game on Friday evening.


 Who do you think won?  Ben built a hotel on one of his properties.  I landed on it and it cleaned me out.

 Mama brought gifts from Marvin, Yvonne, and Lynn Cockerham, who we usually visit on Christmas Eve.  Mollie LOVES the ponies that she got.  I found this picture that she took.  From left to right they are Chilly, Willie, Little Girl, and Rose.

Here are a couple of funny things Mollie has said this week:
The other day she was looking at the nativity scene on our mantel.  She asked, "Who is with Mary?"  I responded, "Joseph."  Mollie asked, "What are the dwarves names?"  I responded, "Wrong story."

Tonight as we were reading a children's Bible, the story was about Jesus' last supper with his disciples.  John was explaining that this is why we have bread and grape juice at church for communion.  Mollie said, "I don't have bread at church.  I have goldfish."

John and Ben played Monopoly for hours Saturday evening.  Guess who won again?

No comments: