Friday, October 27, 2023

10 Days in August

We have completed nearly three months of the school year and I haven't even posted Annie's first day of CC pictures yet.  Things get busy here once school and other activities start.  These pictures are from August 10-20.  

Mollie Grace rode Reggie for the first time.  Reggie is a much more advanced horse than she's ridden before and I was terrified when Joyce put her on him but she rode him so well.  He's now her favorite horse to ride.  Mollie Grace has a weekly science topic that she has to research and draw a picture to represent.  But drawing pictures is boring so she made a balloon star and 3D glittery mountain.  We did her schoolwork in the chicken yard one day so she could have more outside time.  

Annie made her own 1st Day of 4th Grade sign.  Since I am teaching an older class, I don't see her during the school day but my friends send me pictures.  Just the two of us went out to dinner one night when John was out of town and Ben and MG had a youth swimming party.  And she is learning to type.

Soccer has started for Ben.  He's playing for River City this year.  John went to the National Truck Driving Championship in Columbus, Ohio this week so to get Annie to dance and Ben to soccer practice we ate takeout Mexican for supper while waiting for Annie and Annie ate hers at soccer practice.  Ben continued to practice driving going through the drive-thru at Dominos for the first time and he drove to Krispy Kreme.  No one rides with him but me, though.  He came home in the Krispy Kreme hat to make sure the girls knew he got a donut.

I went with friends to an outdoor production of Henry V at the botanical gardens.





















No comments: