Friday, September 27, 2024

Six Flags

We made a one-day trip to Six Flags Atlanta with the youth group.  Annie got to come too because I was a chaperone and driver.  It ended up being the kind of trip they will still be talking about when they are seniors.  One of the chaperones had car problems that left us with several kids without a way home. There were no rental cars available in Atlanta because of an internet problem that had shut down airlines the weekend before. As we tried to figure out a solution, the bottom dropped and it poured rain.  All 20 of us took shelter in a souvenir shop. A dad volunteered to drive from Decatur to get the group without a ride home.  That's a three-hour trip.  The park shut down an hour early because of the lightning.  The youth pastor and I each took a group of kids to the nearest Chick-fil-a.  I stayed with those kids, while Tucker went back for the rest of the group.  We stayed at CFA until it closed. And then we ferried everyone down the street to the Waffle House.  Mike arrived with his van about 10 p.m. and we began the trip home.  We gassed up in Atlanta and did not stop until we got to Decatur.  It was a LONG day.  I was with the middle school group all day so Ben is not in my pictures.  He was in the group that rode ALL the roller coasters back to back to back.  My group was a more low key bunch.  























 

No comments: