Ben went to church for the first time this Sunday. We hadn't planned to wait so long to take him to church, but the first week we planned to go, it was pouring down rain. For the past two weekends, we have been out of town. In the picture, Ben is dressed and ready to go to church. The blanket he's laying on was made by one of the ladies in the church. He has his Bible that MawMaw Wilma and PawPaw Sherman gave him. He is not wearing the outfit I had planned for him to wear. His daddy vetoed that outfit saying it was too girly. Mama: Notice he's wearing socks. I figured all the ladies at church would get onto me like you do if I took him barefooted.
He was very good at church, just squeaking a couple of times, but not crying. His first day at church was a long one. We had a covered dish lunch followed by a two and a half hour committee meeting. He sat through all of it patiently. However, I think he was allergic to either my perfume or something at church because he came home with a runny eye. It is much better this morning, though.
No comments:
Post a Comment