Tuesday, September 23, 2008

End of Summer


We made good use of the last days of summer by going to the beach. We drove to Destin Friday and spent a long weekend with Jim and Fran. We got back around 5 this evening.

We had a really good time. We spent a lot of time at the beach. Ben did well. He got a little fussy when he was sleepy, but was able to nap on a blanket under the umbrella. Saturday we stayed 6 hours which was a little too long for Ben. Sunday we just went for a couple of hours in the afternoon. Monday, Fran, Ben and I spent a couple of hours at the outlets before going to the beach for the afternoon. Monday night we went out to eat and it was a disaster. Ben didn't fall asleep in the car like I had planned. Instead he SCREAMED. He was unhappy the entire time we were in the restaurant and John and I ate in shifts. That was our fault, though. We shouldn't have expected a five month old to be able to do so much in one day.


None of us got sunburned. You'll notice in the pics that John applied Ben's sunscreen. I have a tendency to miss spots on myself that result in weird burned places. This trip I have a red spot on my right knee.

I, of course, took lots of pics. Below is a slideshow of some of them. There are way too many to post individually.


1 comment:

Tom, Cara, Aubrey and Ella Kate said...

Looks like yall had a good time. Ben is a cute beach baby.