Ben is 9 months old today. In the past couple of weeks, I've been feeding him bites of "real" food. Oddly enough, he likes bites of banana while he clamps his mouth shut tight if I try to feed him banana baby food. Christmas Eve I got a little too adventurous. I was sitting on MawMaw and PawPaw's couch with my plate in my lap and Daddy was sitting next to me holding Ben. Ben reached over and stuck his hand in my broccoli cheese rice casserole. I thought, "what would it hurt to feed him a bite?" Well, he either gagged or choked and then threw up all over himself, daddy, the couch, and the floor.
He really likes the Gerber Puffs. He can pick them up, but he can't figure out how to get them in his mouth. I let him play with them for a while, then feed them to him. He looks like a fish after a worm as I'm putting them in his mouth.
Here are a couple of pictures of him eating "Yum Yum" rice crackers. He really likes these and can manage them all by himself.

No comments:
Post a Comment