Sunday, April 19, 2009

Bye Bye Bottle


Ben had his last bottle Friday night. I didn't remember that was going to be his last bottle or I would have taken a picture. Saturday morning I remembered that I had planned to not give him a bottle. Had I forgotten, Sam called that morning to see if I was really going to do it. The time was right. He was down to one bottle a day, before bed. We had made our trip home for Easter. AND, the Farmer's Alamanac said this week was a good week for weaning. We're working on establishing a new bedtime routine. Last night he drank some formula from his sippy cup while we ate supper. I brushed his teeth, John read him a book, then we put him to bed. He fussed for a minute or two before falling asleep, sleeping through the night. This morning, he guzzled formula from his sippy cup. That was a relief since before last night he had not been willing to drink one sip of milk from a cup.

No comments: