
While we were eating our cutout Halloween cookies, John told me about how they would paint Thanksgiving cookies when they were little. It turns out Thanksgiving cookie cutters aren't very common. Wal-Mart already has a whole shelf of Christmas cookie cutters out. I ended up ordering some on Ebay.

Ben requested that I take a picture of "why we are doing this." Before we started cutting out the cookies, I showed him pictures in this book about the first Thanksgiving (it was too text heavy for a two-year old) and explained what each of the cookie cutters were.

We used a mix of cornstarch, water, and food coloring and painted the cookies before we baked them. There are several different types of
cookie paint, but this seemed like the easiest and didn't require much patience since he didn't have to wait for the cookies to bake or cool or for the paint to dry.

We made pilgrims, . . .

Indians, turkeys, and cornacopias.
1 comment:
Cute cookies. I saw heart and 4 leaf clover cookie cutters today and of all places next to Christmas cards.
Post a Comment