
Ben is feeding his horse Strawberry a pretend waffle. I told him he should give Strawberry an apple because horses like apples. He replied, "Horses also eat horse seed."

One evening this week, Mollie was not content playing on a blanket while I cooked supper. I stopped in the middle of supper preparations and pulled out all the pieces of the exersaucer which were stored in a couple of different places and put it together. It was worth the effort. Mollie is enjoying a toy where she can sit up and play.

It was completely chaotic today while I fixed lunch. Ben really wanted me to play Wednesday night supper at church with him (His favorite game today -- We sat in chairs at the coffee table and ate pretend food) and Mollie alternated between yelling happily at the toys on her exersaucer and yelling in frustration because she couldn't make them do what she wanted. I broke down and decided to turn on the TV. I said a brief prayer that I could find the Praise Baby DVD since Ben hasn't watched it in at least a year, reached into the stack of DVDs, pulled out the box and thankfully the DVD was actually in it. This was the first time I had ever intentionally put Mollie in front of the TV. She watches it some when Ben is watching, but I've never sat her in the bouncy seat and actually directed her attention towards the TV. Ben had watched that Praise Baby DVD at least 100 times by the time he was 7 months old. He enjoyed it today, calling out everything he saw -- flowers, bubbles, letters, etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment