Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Camping

 Wednesday morning we loaded our camping supplies between thunderstorms and drizzling rain and headed for Topsail Hill Reserve State Park in Santa Rosa, Fl.  This is the only picture I took the first day as we unpacked and set up our tent.  Mollie and I went to Wal-Mart for groceries while Ben and John rode their bikes down to the beach.

 Thursday morning we went to the beach.

 The kids had fun playing in the sand.  John took them each out into the water (and I ventured in for a minute but thought it was too cold) but I don't seem to have any pictures of that.

 The highlight of Thursday morning was kite flying.  Mollie picked out a Barbie kite at Wal-Mart weeks ago and has been so excited about getting to fly her Barbie kite.  I had to call John and Ben out of the water to get Mollie's kite in the air.  Turns out I had the string hooked to the wrong side of the kite.

 Ben enjoyed collecting shells.

 Mollie resting.

 We just reeled out a short amount of string and Mollie stood there with her kite for half an hour or more.

 Ben liked to run with his McQueen kite.

No comments: