Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Animal Kingdom


On the bus headed to Animal Kingdom.  

 We began the morning with Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House in "Africa."  There we saw Daisy, Goofy, Donald, and Mickey.  Mollie threw up at the table because she "doesn't like soft, long bacon."  I cleaned her up in the bathroom and we continued to meet the characters.





Kilimanjaro Safaris




 We had lots of time to take pictures of each other during the safari ride.  Some giraffes got in the road and stopped traffic.

We watched this giraffe eat Spanish moss while we waited for his friends to get out of the road.

 In different areas, you could earn Wilderness Explorer badges for completing different tasks.  Ben and MV were really into this.

 The are decoding a message on the trash can.  We got so busy earning badges at the Conservation Station that we were really late eating lunch.



 Triceratop Spin in Dinoland, USA.  Pretty much Dumbo with dinosaurs.

 Just MV and I rode Primeval Whirl, which is like the teacups crossed with a small roller coaster.  You have to be 48" to ride. 

For some reason I do not have any pictures from riding Expedition Everest, a larger roller coaster that goes backwards and feels like you go upside down (I've read that you really don't).  After two rides on Big Thunder Mountain, Ben really wanted to ride this one, too.  However, you had to be 44" tall.  We really weren't sure if he was tall enough until we walked up to the entrance.  Ben is EXACTLY 44".  He could not have been a hair shorter and gotten to ride.  He and John rode on the very front of the car with me behind them.  I was amazed that Ben wasn't scared and enjoyed the ride.

No comments: