Friday, July 3, 2015

July 2

The pictures below represent just one day and I didn't take pics of the VBS meeting, lunch at Chick-fil-ee, or grocery shopping.

8 a.m swim lessons.  Mollie's group learned about boating safety.

 John journeyed into the bad part of town Wednesday to pick up a table set at K-Mart for our breakfast nook.  There is a square table, four chairs, and all the hardware in that box.

 On Wednesday night, Ben's fish Splash was floating more than he was swimming.  I read up on floating betta fish and hoped that he would get well with treatment, but we found him dead Thursday morning.  Ben did not want to flush Splash so we decided to bury him at the edge of the cannas that John transplanted from our old house.  

 Ben transformed a trial-sized toothpaste box into a house for Splash.


 Ben decorated this rock to cover Splash's grave.

After we buried Splash, Ben and Mollie were ready to swim in the backyard pool.  John and I put it up last weekend but this was the first day they had been able to swim because of Ben's fever.  Annie didn't want to get in at first and just stood on the side and watched.

It didn't take long before Annie was ready to get in the pool.  It's shallow enough that she can stand up in it but wore her floaties anyway for safety.

 I finished putting the table together about 8:30.  (I'm really not spying on the neighbors with the telescope.  We had it out in the backyard Tuesday night looking at Venus and Jupiter, which appeared to be very close together.)

Ben and Mollie Grace got spy toys in their Chick-fil-a kids meals which inspired Mollie to play detective all evening.  After nap I found her asleep in bed in her winter coat.  Once she woke up good she explained to me that she had gotten a stool from the kitchen so that she could reach high enough in her closet to get her "detective" coat.  She had a detective adventure in bed where she investigated the mystery of the stolen hair bow.  It was a stuffed dog that had taken it.  Eventually she must have actually decided to lay down since I had to wake her up from her nap.

No comments: