Monday, June 30, 2025

DR Trip Monday 6/9

Our day at Sociedad Lucas.  The little girl closest to me in the first picture is Esmiley, who was mi amiga. The second picture is of Brianna, who is supported by DPC Next Gen.  The two little boys are Juan Carlos and his baby brother Jose.  Juan Carlos does not attend the school at Sociedad Lucas. However, he was out of school and spent time there on the playground because his big sister wouldn't play with him.  I was able to have a conversation with him on Monday with the help of one of our translators Emmanuel.  Juan Carlos and I jumped rope together every day and he would make the other kids line up to jump. I gave him my jump rope to keep.

Other Dominicans that were part of our week were Fanny, Sylvia's daughter, Emilio, a former baseball player who works for the school, our driver, Thomas, and our translators, Emmanuel and Annah.

Since there was no running water at the school, to flush the toilet you got a bucketful of water from the tub and splashed it hard into the toilet bowl. 








 

No comments: