
I haven't posted a picture of Ben in nearly a week. I didn't want anyone to have withdrawals so I grabbed my camera and took a picture of him playing this afternoon. Ben gets the hymnal I keep on his bookshelf down and says, "Sing songs." I was pretty amazed today because he turned to the back cover of the hymnal and said, "Fount." He was right. That's where I taped the lyrics of "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing," one of my favorite hymns that isn't in that hymnal. I sing it a lot so I shouldn't be surprised that Ben knew what was on the page. Hopefully, Ben won't be completely tone deaf from listening to me sing.
Ben's actual singing went something like this, though, "Merrily, merrily, Amen, Amen." Two of his favorite songs are "Row Row Row Your Boat" and the Doxology (mainly because I drag the Amen on the end waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy out and he thinks it's VERY funny.) He also sings, "Oh Jesus, Oh Jesus, Oh Jesus" from "Oh How I Love Jesus." When I sing "Oh How I Love Jesus," I stop on the last word, "Because he first loved . . ." and Ben says, "Ben!"
1 comment:
He looks just like you in this picture.
Post a Comment