Monday, June 20, 2011

Dressed

Ben recently mastered putting on his own shorts. On Saturday, he came running into the kitchen and told John and me, "Look, I'm wearing long-sleeved shorts!" (Pants)

This morning while I was dressing Mollie, he came into her room wearing his red and white crab shorts. I told him good job and got the matching shirt for him to put on. Mollie had to go back to the pediatrician this morning to retake her urine test. When we got to the doctor's office, she had a dirty diaper. While I was changing Mollie, Ben peed. (He just started peeing standing up at the end of last week, but thankfully his aim has improved quickly. It went down the wall a couple of times the first day.) It was then that I realized that he was wearing shorts, a t-shirt, and NO underwear.

P.S. The lab found bacteria in Mollie's urine sample on Friday. Most likely it was from the dirty diaper she had in the waiting room, but they wanted to retest it to make sure she didn't have a urinary track infection. They sent us home with a bag to take a urine sample in this morning and return it to the lab. The bag didn't stick on right, so Mollie had a wet diaper and an empty bag after nap. I took her to the doctor's office planning to sit in the waiting room and wait for her to pee there so that they could get a clean sample. BUT as I wrote earlier, she had a dirty diaper when we arrived so they couldn't do it. Instead, they sent me home with TWO bags to try again tomorrow.

No comments: