Ben started swim lessons this afternoon. I have been praying and praying about this first lesson. Ben has been very worried because I couldn't stay during his lesson and has asked me over and over again for the past few days to stay. The instructor's rule is "No Parents" so I knew that wouldn't be possible. I was afraid he would cry when I left. Beyond being upset because I was leaving, he also doesn't like to get water in his eyes. Swim lessons could have been a disaster. Before we left home we prayed together that he would have lots of fun and love his teacher. As we were driving to lessons, Ben began to talk about how much fun he had staying with Susie and Hadley Jo so I knew he was thinking about other times I had left him places and that it had been fun. The teacher was super nice and started talking to him as soon as we arrived. By the time I left, he was comfortable. No tears or even a mention of me staying. When I returned, they said he did great. He was happy. He had put his head in the water and blew bubbles. He's excited about going again tomorrow. I took the above picture from behind a bush as I was headed out the gate. Lessons are 45 minutes a day Monday through Thursday for two weeks.
Monday, June 13, 2011
Swim Lessons
Ben started swim lessons this afternoon. I have been praying and praying about this first lesson. Ben has been very worried because I couldn't stay during his lesson and has asked me over and over again for the past few days to stay. The instructor's rule is "No Parents" so I knew that wouldn't be possible. I was afraid he would cry when I left. Beyond being upset because I was leaving, he also doesn't like to get water in his eyes. Swim lessons could have been a disaster. Before we left home we prayed together that he would have lots of fun and love his teacher. As we were driving to lessons, Ben began to talk about how much fun he had staying with Susie and Hadley Jo so I knew he was thinking about other times I had left him places and that it had been fun. The teacher was super nice and started talking to him as soon as we arrived. By the time I left, he was comfortable. No tears or even a mention of me staying. When I returned, they said he did great. He was happy. He had put his head in the water and blew bubbles. He's excited about going again tomorrow. I took the above picture from behind a bush as I was headed out the gate. Lessons are 45 minutes a day Monday through Thursday for two weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment