Sunday, June 17, 2012

HBFFD

Happy Father's Day! (or HBFFD in Ben spelling)  Ben has been very excited about Father's Day.  He decorated the windows and doors with Father's Day art.

 The paper towel roll is a pole attached to a Christian flag.

 Translation:  Good day for Father's Day.  It turned out that Father's Day was not a particularly good day.  As we were trying to enter our front door after church this morning, John's key broke in the deadbolt.  My keys were inside the house in my purse.  We do not have a hidden key.  All of the windows were locked.    John was able to remove the broken piece of key, but Lowes couldn't make a copy.  John attempted to enter the house through an unused return vent in the attic near the laundry room.  He could see inside our house, but couldn't get the cover removed.  Mrs. Judy was in her yard watering flowers.  Ben told her that we were locked out.  She sent Mr. Gerald over with his drill.  He had recently locked himself out and had broken into their house by drilling through the deadbolt.  He drilled through the lock on the door inside the garage and finally we were inside where it was cool and lunch was waiting.  Thankfully, lunch was in the crockpot and not in the oven since it was two o'clock before we got in our house.  A roast would have been well done.   

We bought John a new bike for Father's Day.  I wanted it to be a surprise but I wasn't sure it would fit in my vehicle.  I decided to try to squeeze it in and if it wouldn't fit to to borrow John's truck.  On Thursday we bought this bike at Academy.  It wouldn't fit with just the third row of seats down.  But the store employee helping me was patient and I was determined.  I squeeze Ben's seat into the middle beside Mollie and buckled it down then dropped one seat in the second row.  The bike fit.  But then Mollie's door wouldn't shut.  I pushed hard on her seat then slammed.  It closed.  I talked to Ben about how Daddy's bike was a surprise and we couldn't talk about it.  I unloaded the bike and stored it out of sight in the garage.  I knew John wouldn't see it during lunch and then I could hide it better in the afternoon.  As soon as John walked in the door at lunch I heard Ben start to tell John about the bike.  John didn't know what he was talking about and Ben remembered and said, "I can't talk about it."  Since I'm not much better at keeping surprises secret, I let Ben take John out to the garage and show him his gift right then. 

No comments: