It's beginning to look like Christmas at our house. We haven't put our tree up yet, but . . .
Santa trimming his beard.
During nap time Saturday afternoon, John hung lights on our house, while I assisted. He started on the roof, but soon decided that the ladder would be safer.
Do you think Ben was really napping while we hung up lights?
Headed towards the highest peak over the garage.
Our house lit up after dark. It isn't the Griswald's but it's a major lighting success for us.
Tonight was the White Gift Service at church. This is the 4-year-old preschool choir. Ben is on the far right. They sang Away in a Manger and Mary Had a Baby. After they performed, they went to sit with their parents while the older kids sang.
After the children's choirs sing, the congregation sings Christmas carols while everyone walks to the front of the church one row at a time. Each family takes a white gift bag full of can goods to stock the church food pantry and receives a lit candle. The lights are gradually dimmed as the sanctuary is lit by candle light.
My video is terrible because I was sitting too far back and because I realized half way through that I was holding up my camera but wasn't recording. All I could see was Ben, Abby, and the backs of a lot of heads, BUT you can hear them singing.








No comments:
Post a Comment