Friday, December 28, 2012

Gingerbread Houses

Unknowingly, Mama and I both had plans for the kids to decorate gingerbread houses.  She had bought a super-cute gingerbread barn.  However, we could NOT get the roof to stay on.  I had brought a box of graham crackers and the ingredients to make royal icing to make individual "gingerbread" houses for each of the kids.  These were a success.  Mama and I both agreed that we would do them again next year, but we would make the houses ahead of time and give them time to harden before we gave them to the kids to decorate.  

Emalee was able to build her house by herself. 

We just kept filling in the cracks with icing until it held.

 Ben and Rylee working together to decorate a house.  The red icing was from the barn set.

Sampling the icing.

It all washed off, thankfully.

 MawMaw helping Rylee.

 Everyone having fun decorating gingerbread houses.

 MawMaw helping Mollie.

The completed houses.



No comments: