Thursday, October 10, 2013

Family Presentation

This week was our turn to give a family presentation at CC (Ben's homeschool group).  We begin the morning each week in an assembly with all the kids and parents.  Our family had to stand up in front of everyone and each of us tell a little about ourselves.  Some families have sung, others have written poems, we just talked.  We each told three things about ourselves.  John told where he works, that he likes Corvettes, and that he has an identical twin.  I told that I like to read, obsessively take pictures of my children, and can't sing.  Ben, dressed in his Kyle Busch driver suit, told his name, his age, and that he liked Nascar and his favorite driver is Kyle Busch.  Mollie (dressed as Snow White) told her name, age, and that she liked to dress up as princesses.  I added that we are expecting a baby girl in about a month and that she does not have a name yet.  Ben and Mollie spoke right up and were not shy.  Ben and Mollie (still in their costumes) held the American flag for the Pledge of Allegiance and John prayed to close the assembly.  I took Mollie's princess dress off before I took her to nursery but Ben ended up wearing his Kyle Busch costume most of the day.  His classroom presentation was show and tell this week and he had brought his Kyle Busch car that you can wreck and put back together to show.

No comments: