Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Sick Boy

I took this picture because the counter was so representative of what was going on at our house. We brought Annie home after lunch on Saturday.  Saturday night we realized that Ben was running fever.  I was sitting on the couch feeding Annie sometime in the middle of the night when Ben came stumbling out of his bedroom coughing.  I panicked thinking he was going to come near Annie and get her sick. I started yelling for Mama to come and get him. I took Annie to my room and truly did not bring her out again until tonight when John got home from work.  John took Ben to the after-hours clinic Sunday and he was diagnosed with bronchitis.  He ran fever for two days and lost his voice.  He was really miserable.  

I found Mama in bed with Ben Sunday morning.  Mama has probably had a harder week than anyone. She came planning to spend a night and ended up spending a week, caring for two sick kids, preparing meals, cleaning, etc.  She even spent two nights at the hospital with me so that John could be home with Ben and Mollie.  She finally got to go home today.  Hopefully, she will be able to get some rest.

No comments: