Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Mission Project

Every year our church does a week of local missions projects where we work on houses in our community.  Last year I got a babysitter for Mollie and took Ben.  This year, both Ben and Mollie got to help.  I talked to our assistant pastor (whose in charge of the project) and made sure it was okay to bring them and found out when they had a project that small kids could do.


 Priming a house.

 Ben had to try out the long roller but mainly they worked low with paint brushes.

 Our friends Rachel, Sam and Allie Bug joined us.

 The girls took a LONG break and had a snack.

 These two boys enjoy being helpers and worked hard.

 They did eventually join the girls for a break and a snack, though.

 Finishing the last corner.

We met the group at 8 a.m. and worked until 10:30 a.m.  All the lower parts of the house were primed when we left.  (For anyone who is considering lecturing me about doing this: I did not climb on any ladders,  I drank lots of water, and I never even broke a sweat.)

(Updated 10/2/13)  Here are a few more pictures that I got from Rachel this morning.





No comments: