Thursday, July 19, 2018

CPK

And along with caring for a new puppy, it's City Project Kids week at church.  Only one day left and we're pretty exhausted.  My title is Special Projects Leader.  These are all pictures from projects I led.

 The calm before the chaos.  Everything set up for 75 kids plus youth and adults to tie dye t-shirts.  I was a wreck Monday night as I washed the first few out fearing that they would end up being a brown muddy mess.  Overall, they turned out really well. 

 Ben's group washing up after tie-dying.  They wore gloves but it was still messy.  My fingernails are still a little green around the cuticles three days later.

 These are all church kids playing on the preschool toys after CPK Monday while mom's cleaned up and set up for Tuesday.

 Tuesday we built bookends with their initials.  This is part of Mollie Grace's class sanding their wood.

 Amelia pushing Annie during K-4 recreation.  That's who is really supposed to be riding on the toys.

 Ben's class is small, only two boys and two girls.  He's painting his B bookend on Wednesday.

 Mollie Grace painting her M bookend with her class.

 Mollie Grace playing Bingo at the nursing home today.  Her friend is named Mrs. Rachel.  I took groups to three different nursing homes on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.


 Practice round today of the Fruits of the Spirit Trivia game.  Our themed this year is Called to Grow and we're learning about the Fruits of the Spirit.


I've been busy with set up and clean up and haven't taken part in the opening and closing music each day.  Today I walked downstairs and couldn't find Annie or Mollie Grace.  They were both up front with the Youth Leaders leading the music.


 Ben's adult leader sent me a couple of pictures from their week.  Amazingly, this is Ben's last year as a student at CPK.  Next year he will be a youth helper. On Tuesday, they delivered brownies to the local police station and fire station then helped weed at a widower's house.
 
Wednesday they went with me to the nursing home and held a penny auction.  Today they worked at the local food pantry.  Ben has been waiting to be old enough to work on that project for years.

No comments: