Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Not Quite Autumn

I know I haven't posted in ages, but we've been super busy with getting ready to move, PLUS we already had a trip planned to go to Destin last week.

Our condo was on the 5th floor. To get to our room, the beach, the parking gargage, etc., we took the elevator. Ben did not like the elevator. The first time he screamed, but he was very out of sorts anyway, since I had made the decision to skip his morning nap (Bad plan. We didn't do that again.) The next morning as Ben and I are walking towards the elevator, he is repeating, "Elegator, not scary. Elegator, not scary." Then the elevator door opens, and he he says, "Elegator, scary." He thought and talked a lot about the elevator. One morning, the first thing he said when he woke up was "Elegator, not scary." Another morning his first words were, "like chicken nuggets" (which usually means he's hungry). The last morning as we were leaving, he walked bravely into the elevator, but as it began to move you could see that his little legs were actually shaking.

Here are a few more pics from Destin. I have a lot more including some of Janey. I just realized she's not in any of these.

Ben really liked the pool, but he was disappointed that he wasn't as big as MV. She was jumping off the side of the pool and he really thought that was cool. Of course, when John carried him out into the pool (we had been playing on the steps), he wasn't so sure he liked not having something to stand on.


We lugged tons of toys, chairs, umbrella, etc down to the beach every day. John said next year we're bringing the red wagon so that we can pull our stuff down to the beach rather than have to carry the loads.

Ben loved the water. We took him out in the water and jumped waves.

Now I have to get back to packing. We close on the new house Thursday and move Saturday.

1 comment:

Tom, Cara, Aubrey and Ella Kate said...

If he thinks the elevator is scary wait till he rides the escalator. The pic of John and Ben is cute.