Monday, August 23, 2010

Cowboy Ben

We went to Jena this weekend for Rita's wedding. I don't have any pics from the wedding, but I have a lot from the roping pen. Ben has been talking about riding a horse for weeks. First, Zac and his friend Justin led Ben around on Justin's horse, which Ben called Strawberry. That's not its real name, but Ben's favorite horse on Elmo's World Wild Wild West is Strawberry and that's what he calls his Radio Flyer rocking horse. Strawberry worked since Justin's horse is a strawberry roan.

After they had roped a couple of rounds, I decided to ride Ben around on Daddy's mare, Little Girl. I haven't been on a horse in at least three years.

Ben riding the roping dummy while I made another round by myself. My leg muscles were a little sore the next day.

Zac on his horse.

1 comment:

Christie Poole said...

I'm soooo glad you were able to update! I've been checking every day since last week - LOL! Cade & I are big fans of the blog. I love ALL the pics and stories and was glad to see everything from ya'lls weekend trip. I had heard a few stories already and I'm so sorry you had to deal with the messy moment! I missed getting to see ya'll at church Sunday but I understand you needing to head home, glad you had a safe trip!