
We do this every day when I wash Ben's hair. Today I had my camera in the bathroom to record the momentous event: putting on his first pair of big boy underwear. He has two packages of seven. Aunt Connie bought him Thomas underwear for his birthday and I bought a package of Sesame Street because I had a feeling we needed more than seven pairs (we did). It took him all of bathtime to "beside" whether he wanted to wear Sesame Street or Thomas.

We started with Elmo, but managed to wear all other six pairs throughout the day and one pair of Thomas. He did successfully use the potty three times. Although the first time, he was so excited that he was pooping in the potty that he jumped up and it landed on the bathroom floor. I gave him a sticker anyway. We went through most of the underwear in about an hour this evening. What I learned is that if he pees a little bit make him stay in the bathroom until he pees a lot. There's way more in there. He was helping me wash dishes in the kitchen when it all finally flowed.

A moment of calm in our wild day. If you're wondering why Ben's even wearing big boy underwear when we just started potty training, it is because I read that pull-ups are confusing since they feel like a diaper and that they actually extend the time it takes to potty train. Supposedly going straight to underwear is more stressful (for the parents) initially, but is overall a more efficient way to potty train. We'll see. I plan to stick to it through Saturday anyway. There's no way I'm sending him to church without a pull-up Sunday, though.
2 comments:
THAT'S MY KIND OF HAIR DO!!!!!!!!!
TOM
OMG...those pictures are so funny. Mollie looks just like Ben. So glad she is doing great! Love the pics.
Post a Comment