As I was heading to my parents' house Thursday, Mama called and said she had thrown up. I was not taking a chance that we might get the stomach virus so we made a quick change of plans and spent the night with MawMaw Wilma and PawPaw Sherman. I was near Ferriday when I finally reached them on PawPaw's cell phone. They were near Bo Gray, but made a quick turn around. By the time we arrived, MawMaw had been to town and bought all of Ben's favorite foods -- Popeyes chicken and mashed potatoes, chocolate milk, and grapes.
It has been a long time since I spent the night with MawMaw and PawPaw. I used to stay there all the time when I was little. I was relieved when Cara told me that Aubrey and Olivia had rated an air conditioner in the front bedroom. When I was little, that room was cooled by just a box fan. I wasn't looking forward to that.
PawPaw stayed up to give Mollie her 10:30 p.m. bottle and was awake for her first bottle of the morning.
Ben had lots of fun. He was ready to get outside and play when we arrived. He was tired of being in the car seat. Around Natchez, he freaked out because he couldn't "scoot." He was trying to figure out how to get himself out of the carseat so we stopped for an icecream break and a bottle at McDonald's. At MawMaw and PawPaw's house, he rang the bell, rode the four-wheeler, rode a toy tractor, and slid down the slide.
Cara gave Ben and Aubrey a bath together. Ben and I slept together and Mollie slept in Aubrey's pack-n-play. Around 12:30 a.m., I heard "THUNK." Ben had rolled over the pillows and onto the floor. He didn't cry, but it did wake him up. It took him a LONG time to go back to sleep.Thankfully, Mama just had bad indigestion and was able to keep Ben and Mollie for the rest of the weekend while John and I went to David and Claire's wedding in Lafayette.
3 comments:
Would you email me some bath pictures please? I love the picture of paw paw feeding Mollie, I can tell he is singing to her. He is the sweetest thing. Even though he never put an A.C. in the bedroom for us but did for the great grands.
Even tho your plans had to change, it looks like it gave ya'll a great opportunity to visit a little more with your grandparents - looks like they had a great time spoiling the kids!
Post a Comment