Monday, April 4, 2011

A Day Without Pics

Mollie slept well last night. Today she got three breathing treatments, one dose of antibiotic, and two doses of steroids. She sneezed repeatedly today and blew snot to her chin (slight exageration). I spent most of the day wiping noses, mine, Ben's and Mollie's.

Ben did not sleep well last night. He woke up around 12:30 a.m. First he told me that his tooth hurt and he needed medicine. When I asked he couldn't tell me which tooth hurt, but he did tell me specifically where Mollie's Orajel was in the kitchen cabinet. I told him Mollie's tooth medicine was for new teeth coming in and that it wouldn't help him. I got in bed with him hoping to get him to go back to sleep quickly. Next he told me that it hurt way back in his mouth so I gave him the cough medicine that I had intended to give him before bed but had forgotten. Next he decided that his tummy hurt and that a little honey would help (too much Winnie-the-Pooh). In desperation, I actually gave him a bit of honey on his finger to eat. All of this time, though, he was messing with his ear, holding his hand over it, positioning Cat over it, or sticking his finger in it. He got very defensive if I asked if his ear hurt. While I know he mainly wanted attention since Mollie had gotten alot being sick that day, I'm not completely convinced that he didn't have an earache. I guess we'll see tomorrow at his three-year-old well child check up.

Today has been a very long day. The weather got really bad this evening and we spent about twenty minutes all (John included) sitting in the small toilet room in our bathroom while we were under a tornado warning. We read Curious George Takes a Job.

1 comment:

A Stroll With The Norris' said...

Hope y'all get better soon. We had it last week. Shelby took breathing treatments for 5 days and is still taking meds. It is no fun having sick kids.