Friday, June 11, 2010

Moving On Up

Mollie weighs 4 lb 11 1/2 oz today. Her bilirubin level continued to drop (8.4). Since she no longer needed the lights on her, they moved her to a crib in a glass cubicle. This is much more private and John and I will be able to stay with her as much as we want. John took off work today and is here to spend the weekend. Unfortunately, today was a chaotic day in the NICU and John did not get to spend as much time with Mollie as he had hoped. They had a new patient come in this morning, so we weren't allowed in the NICU for her 11 a.m. feeding. Mollie was already back asleep when we were allowed in at noon. Just like she's done the past two days, she slept through her 2 p.m. bottle and had to have most of it pumped.

The new bed does not have heat lamps so Mollie will have to maintain her heat on her own. The nurse had me dress her in a long sleeved onesie covered by a gown and then wrapped her in a blanket. This was the first time I dressed her. She's just been wearing a diaper for the past two days while she soaked in the light. I put her gown on backwards.

John holding Mollie in the new room. It's much more comfortable with a rocking chair, two chairs for visitors, and a television.

Mollie's new room. The plastic bed on top of the wooden dresser is what the NICU nurses call a crib.

All wrapped up in her bed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since Cara is on the road, and is probably chomping at the bit to look at the blog, I will say something. She looks like she is smilling while you are putting her clothes on. It's like she saying "Ahhh, warmth!" So does she have her own private room in the NICU that ya'll can come and go as you please? Looks like a hide-a-way cubicle in the courner or something with a personal monitor.
Tom

Anonymous said...

Rena, Mollie is so pretty! I made the pic of you changing her bigger on my screen and I can see her better! She does look like Ben. ADORABLE! I'm so happy for ya'll! Necie

Tom, Cara, Aubrey and Ella Kate said...

I am glad she got to move in to her new "cube", not as cute as her bedding at home but much better than the wide open room.

Christie Poole said...

I'm so glad she's doing good! I wish I was there to see her in person - she's sooo little!