Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Surprise!

Mollie Grace Elder arrived Sunday at 3:48 p.m. six weeks early. She weighed 4 lbs 14 oz and is 18 inches long. (She's lost a little weight and now weighs 4 lbs 10 1/2 oz.) I was discharged today, but she has to remain in NICU until she can feed entirely from a bottle. Right now she is getting some of her formula from a bottle, but tires out and gets the remaining formula through a tube in her nose. Ben and I are staying with John's parents about 15 minutes from the hospital but John had to go home for a couple of days. It's getting late tonight so I'm just going to post a few pictures but will try to post a more detailed account of our wild Saturday and Sunday tomorrow.




Cara also has some newborn pictures posted from Sunday on her blog.

4 comments:

Tom, Cara, Aubrey and Ella Kate said...

Oh yes I can see she has the same orange coloring that Aubrey had, in the bottom picture. I miss her already Im so ready for Thursday. My what a pretty pink blanket she has someone special must have brought her that.HMM

Christie Poole said...

She's so darling! Love the pic of the proud Grandparents! Congratulations to all of you!

Anonymous said...

hello mollie
you are such a girly girl!
love you
aunt connie

Elder Family said...

she looks so much like Ben did as a newborn to me in that last picture. Can not wait to meet her!