Friday, August 6, 2010

Big Boy Underwear Day II

I sat Ben on a blanket to watch Sesame Street yesterday morning because I knew he wouldn't break away and go use the potty. However, he didn't have an accident.

But once Sesame Street was over, it started to pour. Between 10 a.m. and noon, we went through entire package of Thomas underwear. The kitchen was like a splash park. By lunch, I was ready to give up. After nap, I asked if he wanted to wear a pull up for the rest of the day, but he insisted on Big Bird underwear. Thankfully, the evening was more successful. No major accidents and two stickers.

I kept the mess confined to the kitchen yesterday by giving Ben a bunch of bowls, some measuring cups and scoops, and some dried rice and peas. He poured and measured for an hour and a half. It was super messy (especially with all the peeing), but he had lots of fun.

1 comment:

Tom, Cara, Aubrey and Ella Kate said...

Poor Ben has to stay in the kitchen until he is potty trained. I shouldn't laugh but this is funny.