Monday, July 18, 2011

Fall Garden

We've enjoyed our great crop of squash and cucumbers this summer, but we've had enough. I have been considering pulling up the squash and cucumbers and planting pumpkins for fall. Our garden looked terrible after the extreme heat and beating rains while we were gone last week so today we planted our garden for fall.

Ben trying to pull up a carrot.

I had to help. Our carrots have been growing for months and are still tiny. Since we had seeds left over, I planted another row for fall.

Mollie had a great time playing in the dirt. She was filthy when we came inside. I tried to clean her off in the bathroom sink and just made mud all over the bathroom. She had to have a bath.

Ben planting our one hill of pumpkins. According to the package, they take 100-110 days until harvest so they may or may not be ready for Halloween. We may have Thanksgiving pumpkins.

No comments: